Birth Beyond Bars Collective ZINE
ISSUE #1: ABRAZOS
Call for Submissions
Nothing in nature is disposable – adrienne maree brown
We are seeking for doulas, perinatal health providers, mothers, healers, and those who have been impacted by state violence to submit art, poems, stories, strategies for self care, spells, meditations, and magic.
This collection will be distributed to prison doula programs across the country to be shared with incarcerated birthing parents because no parent should have to do this work alone and everyone deserves support.
Theme: self-care and resilience
- Email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Abrazos Zine Submission”
- In the body of the email, please include the following information:
- Experience with perinatal health and/or incarceration/incarceration justice/transformative justice
- Contact information and preferred contact method
- Anything else you want us to know about you
- Submit all files in jpeg or pdf format
- If a file is too large or too small, we may ask you to resize
- Please specify if you are comfortable with us editing or formatting the document for layout
- for artwork, keep in mind that this will be a black and white printing
- for stories, please stick to personal narratives and lived experiences. we recommend at 1000 work max.
- for self care strategies, remember that these must be skills and activities that require only your body/mind/being
- priority will be given to QTPOC communities and those with lived or family experience of incarceration
- Submissions due by midnight on September 30th
- We welcome any thoughts, questions, concerns, or love poems until submission deadline.